Justin Brossier focuses his practice on litigation with a particular emphasis on real estate-related disputes. He is experienced in complex business and commercial litigation, eminent domain and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) matters, as well as contract disputes, insurance recovery litigation, and product liability matters.
Admitted to practice in California, Justin has successfully represented international businesses, financial institutions, local municipalities, and small local businesses at all stages of the litigation process, from settling pre-litigation matters through mediation, trial, and appeal.
- As part of a team, defended a family-owned plumbing parts manufacturer against several product liability consumer class actions by defeating a class certification motion in a coordinated proceeding in the Northern District of Illinois.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a 503(c) nonprofit school in a trial that threatened the school’s viability.
- Successfully defended a Los Angeles entertainment company in arbitration related to a ticket sales agreement.
- Represented Class 1 railroad in numerous real estate litigation matters including eminent domain (both as plaintiff and defendant), inverse condemnation, pipeline easement valuation, easement disputes, title disputes, contract disputes, etc.
- Represented an international airline in an eminent domain dispute related to the Los Angeles International Airport’s recent expansion. The dispute was resolved through a favorable settlement.
- Defended and successfully settled several pre-suit claims and lawsuits filed against property owners related to alleged ADA violations.
- Super Lawyer, Southern California Super Lawyers (2018)
- Rising Stars, Southern California Super Lawyers (2018)
Professional and Community Activities
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
J.D., Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles
- Managing Editor, Southwestern Law Review
B.A., University of California Los Angeles
- Judicial Extern Law Clerk, Hon. Dean D. Pregerson, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (2010)