Azadeh Gowharrizi has over 15 years of experience in dispute resolution, complex litigation and mediation at mid-sized and Am Law 100 firms. She has defended claims through all phases of litigation, including drafting and arguing substantive motions, taking and defending depositions, and negotiating settlements in various state and federal actions.
In addition to her extensive civil litigation experience, Azadeh has advised clients on internal and regulatory investigations. She also has cross-border experience that includes counseling foreign corporate clients on litigation strategies and risks.
Azadeh was the City Hearing Officer for the City of Santa Monica. Prior to that, Azadeh was a Lecturer in Law at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, teaching international LL.M. students legal research, writing, and reasoning skills needed to practice in the U.S. legal system.
City Hearing Officer
- Facilitated and conducted all administrative hearings and appeals related to the Santa Monica Municipal Code and the Santa Monica Housing Administrative Plan.
- Responsible for admitting and hearing evidence, ruling on evidentiary issues.
- Examined written submissions and documents.
- Conducted legal research.
- Served as a mediator for the California Academy of Mediation Professionals.
- Mediated numerous cases involving civil harassment, workplace harassment, and elder abuse disputes for the Los Angeles Superior Court, resulting in the settlement of over 350 cases.
- Completed training in all styles of mediation, including evaluative, facilitative, and transformative mediation.
J.D., Stanford University School of Law
B.A., University of Southern California